Volunteering at BiCon is a great way to meet new people and really feel part of the event. We work hard to make sure your volunteering experience is positive and enjoyable. All our volunteers really make a difference.
Even if you only have an hour or two to spare we’d love you to join the fun.
This page is about volunteers who help administer BiCon over the weekend. For information about running a session, please look at the sessions page. For ways you can help us right now to get ready for BiCon, please check the Spread the Word page.
WHAT ROLES CAN I DO?
- Staffing the main desk – welcoming people as they arrive, dealing with queries
- Helping with the Ball – creating decorations, putting them up and taking them down
- Gophering – running general errands around the site
- The Listening Service – supporting people who need someone to talk to
- Putting up and taking down signs
- Loads of other things…
HOW MUCH TIME DO I NEED TO GIVE?
Any amount you can spare! We can be flexible and will work around whatever time you feel you can offer.
HOW DO I VOLUNTEER?
There are two ways to let us know you want to volunteer:
- Fill in the ‘volunteer’ section on your booking form when you buy your ticket
- Email 2021.bicon.org.uk and tell us a bit about you and how you’d like to contribute. For example:
- Are you a people person?
- Are you arty?
- Do you love music?
- Would you prefer something active or sitting down?
- Do you have any access needs for volunteering?
- How much time do you think you could give?
- Any other special skills you’d like to offer
We look forward to having you as part of BiCon’s 2020 volunteer team!